Let’s give ‘em something to talk about.
Be prepared and expect that minor emergencies can and do arise. However, do not panic, because if you are well prepared to deal with these situations, they will not be such a big deal. Prepare a wedding “emergency kit” for yourself. Quick Tip: If you are the maid of honor reading this- A Wedding Emergency Kit is a great gift to give the bride at her wedding shower from all of her brides maids. Put all of this together in a cute bag and make sure to keep track of it on your friends special day! Your emergency kit can include anything you think you might need on the wedding day. For example: • In any situation, an extra pair of pantyhose is always a good backup to have. If you do find a snag or run in your stockings, dab some clear nail polish on it. If the damage is beyond repair, simply put on your spare pair.
• Safety pins will come in handy if you get an unexpected tear. They will also come in handy if you want to quickly bustle up a train.
• Pack an emery board. If you break a nail, you can quickly file it down. You might also want to include some nail polish so you can touch up your nail colors if necessary.
• A needle and thread is extra handy in case you need to do some emergency sewing. You will be glad you have this if some beading or sequins on your gown become undone.
• In case of small cuts, pack a few band-aids that match your skin tone. If the cut does not require a band-aid, pack tissues. These will also come in handy if you happen to cry.
• Bad hair days do happen! A small bottle of gel or hairspray will help tame your hair. Bobby pins and clips are also good for a quick fix. Keep your smile bright and your breath fresh with a travel size toothbrush, toothpaste and some breath mints.
• Aspirins are a good idea for any headaches you or your bridesmaids might have on the day.
• Tuck a few crackers or cookies in a small plastic bag. You might be too busy to eat during the day. If you feel faint or lightheaded, have a bite. A small bottle of water is also a good idea. Do not pack juice, as this could spill and stain your dress.
• Pack a toothbrush and makeup for last minute touch ups!
The number one resolution for all problems during your wedding is to be prepared. Assume that there will be glitches and handle it with style and grace. You can impress everyone by your calm demeanor and elegance. Most important is to enjoy your special day!